Tooth Extraction Dentist in Frisco, Texas
We are a premiere Tooth Extraction Dentistry in Frisco, TX with services to infants, toddlers, teens and children with special needs. Sheer Smiles Pediatric Dentistry is located in Frisco, Texas and we proudly serve the surrounding cities of Little Elm, The Colony, Plano, Prosper, and Oak Point.
Tooth Extraction Dentistry Frisco, Texas
Instructions for Extraction Visits
- Some bleeding is to be expected following extractions. Have your child bite on gauze for half an hour.
- Do not spit forcefully and avoid using a straw for 24 hours.
- Discolored (red or pink) saliva maybe apparent for 12-24 hours.
- Gently clean and brush the teeth and around the extraction site.
- Eat and drink on the opposite side of the mouth for 24 hours. Encourage liquid consumption and soft to a normal diet as tolerated. Avoid anything too hot (tea, hot soup, hot cereals, etc) or too spicy for the rest of the day.
- If necessary, Acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be taken for pain. Follow directions on the package for the correct dose.Slight swelling is common following extractions. If some swelling does, occur, apply an ice bag or towel filled with cracked ice on the affected area, ten minutes on and off for 2-3 hours. In case of continuing pain, uncontrolled bleeding, rapid swelling, or anything else that concerns you about the extraction, please contact us at 972-433-0298. For more information for Parents on Extraction Instructions: Extraction Instructions
About Dr. Solmaz Shir, DDS
Presently, Dr. Solmaz Shir is a Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry. In addition, Dr. Shir, Received her Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science from the University of Texas at Austin, and her Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) degree from University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Specifically, Dr. Solmaz Shir graduated from dental school with a distinction in academic teaching. After that, she received numerous leadership, academic, and dentistry awards. As a result, Dr. Solmaz Shir has held a position as part-time faculty at Baylor College of Dentistry while practicing general dentistry in private practice setting in DFW area.
Sheer Smiles participates with most PPO insurance plans. Medicaid and CHIP accepted.
No Dental Insurance???
Our plan is designed to provide greater access to quality
dental care at an affordable price.
Same Day Pediatric Emergency Appointments!
Sudden dental injuries or severe pain can be frightening. In these emergency situations, we will be there to help your child, 24/7/365!
What Our Kids Parents Think About Us!
Dr. Shir was amazing!!
Best pediatric dental I have visited!
My two little ones love going to Sheer Smiles!
Dr. Shir will provide the best Pediatric Dentistry services for your child!
What diet and nutritional advice can be offered for building strong teeth?
Experts agree that children need food from all the major food groups to grow properly and stay healthy. Too many carbohydrates, sugars (for example, from cake, cookies, candies, milk, fruit juice, and other sugary foods and beverages), and savory foods and starches (for example, pretzels and potato chips) can cause tooth decay. How long carbohydrates remain on the teeth is the main culprit that leads to tooth decay. Read more