Intra-Oral Camera Dentist in Frisco, Texas
Intra-Oral Camera Dentistry Frisco, Texas
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand WordsIt’s an adage we prove true many times each day in our office with our intra-oral camera. Prior to the development of this technology, some of our patients found it challenging to understand concerns such as dental decay and periodontal disease. Now, we are able to display, pause, and zoom in during our video examination of the problem area so that you can see it for yourself – all in color and crystal clear.
Advantages of an Intra-Oral Camera
- An intra-oral camera enables us to make you more of an active partner in your dental treatment so that you can see what we see – an especially important benefit when we need to discuss additional treatments or to explain treatment options so that you can make informed decisions.
- Based on the above, we have found that our patients are more comfortable asking questions and are better able to understand a treatment option or oral hygiene concern.
- Because it gives you the real-world picture of your dental hygiene, the intra-oral camera is ideally suited to show you techniques for improving your oral health and hygiene habits.
- With its powerful magnification (much superior to the naked eye), it reveals the early stages of maladies such as gum disease and cavities.
- We can also refer back to these images with you to show you changes in your oral health and hygiene or how a multi-phase treatment is progressing.
- Furthermore, it can provide insurance companies with the proof they require to approve a needed treatment.
Sheer Smiles participates with most PPO insurance plans. Medicaid and CHIP accepted.
Dr. Shir will provide the best Pediatric Dentistry services for your child!
Pediatric Emergency Appointments!
Sudden dental injuries or severe pain can be frightening. In these emergency situations, we will be there to help your child, 24/7/365!
Common Questions for Parents
How often does my child need to see the pediatric dentist?
Are baby teeth really that important to my child?
When should I take my child to the dentist for the first check-up?
Why is it important to see a pediatric dentist instead of a general dentist?
Dr. Solmaz Shir of Sheer Smiles Pediatric Dentistry is a board-certified Pediatric Dentist with more training than a general dentist in treating your kids oral health.
What Our Kids Parents Think About Us!
Dr. Shir was great…
Vicky V. - Patients Mom
Best pediatric dental I have visited!
Meliha D. - Patients Mom
My two little ones love going to Sheer Smiles!
Veronica C. - Patients Mom
Sheer Smiles Kids Ensure Healthy Teeth for Your Kiddo!
What diet and nutritional advice can be offered for building strong teeth?
Experts agree that children need food from all the major food groups to grow properly and stay healthy. Too many carbohydrates, sugars (for example, from cake, cookies, candies, milk, fruit juice, and other sugary foods and beverages), and savory foods and starches (for example, pretzels and potato chips) can cause tooth decay. How long carbohydrates remain on the teeth is the main culprit that leads to tooth decay. Read more
The effects of fruit on kids teeth
We all know that fruit is full of vitamins and an important part of kids diets. But did you know that too much fruit (whether it’s fresh fruit, fruit juices, dried fruit or canned fruit) can have a negative effect and contribute to problems such as cavities and erosion, especially if your kids are grazing on fruit all day? Read more
Are sports drinks okay for kids?
Statistics continue to show an alarming increase in the consumption of sports and energy drinks, especially among kids. Along with having the potential to cause various health problems, these beverages can cause irreversible damage to teeth. And sugar is only part of the reason — high acidity levels in these drinks erode enamel, the outer layer of teeth. Read more