Restorative Visit Guidelines for our parents
Restorative Visit Guidelines
DO NOT USE
WHAT WE SAY
You may choose whether or not you accompany your child to the treatment room his/her procedural appointment. Although we sense that some children do better without parents present, we are open to having you with your child. We even encourage it during their first procedural appointment. If you choose to be present, we suggest the following guidelines to improve the chances of a positive outcome:
• Allow us to prepare your child
• Be supportive of the practice’s terminology
• Anxiety is contagious. The more relaxed you are, the more relaxed your child will be.
• Please be a silent observer – let the movie distracts them
• This allows us to maintain communication with your child
• Children will normally listen to their parents instead of us and may not hear our guidance
• You might give incorrect or misleading information
• If asked to leave, be ready to immediately walk away
• Many children will try to control the situation
• “Acting out” is normal, but unacceptable during treatment
• This is intended to “short circuit” the control attempt
• We will continue to support your child at all times
About Dr. Solmaz Shir, DDS
Presently, Dr. Solmaz Shir is a Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry. In addition, Dr. Shir, Received her Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science from the University of Texas at Austin, and her Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) degree from University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Specifically, Dr. Solmaz Shir graduated from dental school with a distinction in academic teaching. After that, she received numerous leadership, academic, and dentistry awards. As a result, Dr. Solmaz Shir has held a position as part-time faculty at Baylor College of Dentistry while practicing general dentistry in private practice setting in DFW area.
Sheer Smiles participates with most PPO insurance plans. Medicaid and CHIP accepted.
No Dental Insurance???
Our plan is designed to provide greater access to quality
dental care at an affordable price.
Same Day Pediatric Emergency Appointments!
Sudden dental injuries or severe pain can be frightening. In these emergency situations, we will be there to help your child, 24/7/365!
What Our Kids Parents Think About Us!
Dr. Shir was amazing!!
Best pediatric dental I have visited!
My two little ones love going to Sheer Smiles!
Dr. Shir will provide the best Pediatric Dentistry services for your child!
What diet and nutritional advice can be offered for building strong teeth?
Experts agree that children need food from all the major food groups to grow properly and stay healthy. Too many carbohydrates, sugars (for example, from cake, cookies, candies, milk, fruit juice, and other sugary foods and beverages), and savory foods and starches (for example, pretzels and potato chips) can cause tooth decay. How long carbohydrates remain on the teeth is the main culprit that leads to tooth decay. Read more